Day 1

Well here we are - Day 1! I know 12 weeks challenges are far more common than 13 week challenges, but I'm ready to start now! And it's 13 weeks exactly until I leave for NZ!

I have been so slack this year. I've effectively had a cycle of gain 2kgs, lose 1. Gain 2, lose 1. So uh, I've obviously ended up heavier. Sigh. And then I see photos of myself from 2006 (15ish kilos ago) and remember how I much I hated myself then, how disheartened I was because I was working SO HARD and still thought I looked disgusting. Of course I'd kill to look like that now! Geez I was a moron. Anyway, I inevitably start thinking about how hard it's going to be just to get back to where I started and blah blah blah. It's all just excuses. Not even good ones.

I haven't been to the gym since before I got my last tattoo, which was late June. I took a week off because I didn't want to move around too vigorously while it was healing, and that was it!

So today I start again. I got up at 5:30 and took the dog for a walk, after work it's back to the gym for some upper body work. I'm at a mixed gym now, I've only ever gone to Fernwood before so I'm kind of scared of the beefcake area. There's a lady's section at my gym but they don't have much in there. Wahhhh, I miss the ridiculously expensive gym I used to complain about endlessly! My comfort zone!

Oh yeah - start weight: 88.1. GULP. I took some photos yesterday which weren't pretty but to be honest, didn't look too different from the "before" photos from a 12 week challenge I did about a year ago. I need to take measurements.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.