Day 2


Day 1 went swimmingly, thanks for asking! Ok so no one did, but anyway. I've got charts on my fridge with plans and I've got gold star stickers that I'm putting against the days, and then some colourful stickers that say stuff like "Great job!" and "Right on target!" for the end of each week (assuming I've done well of course!).

Yesterday I did back, triceps and abs. It means I've spent a fair portion of the day whinging that my "triceretopses hurt" ;)

I also discovered that my gym doesn't have clocks. Actually, there's ONE. A tiny little analogue thing in between two tvs in the cardio area. And it doesn't have a seconds hand so even if you could see it from anywhere else in the gym, it would be useless anyway.

So I went to Kmart at lunchtime and got a cute little pink watch. I wanted a waterproof one for swimming, since there's no clocks around the pool either (why won't anyone provide me with time?!), and this one said "water resistant 30m" which I have since learned means "splash-proof". D'oh. I guess you have to spend more than $15 to get an actual waterproof watch. Still, it's cute and pink and has a stopwatch. So whatevs.

I was meant to get up early this morning and do a Couch 2 5km session but SOMEONE keeps stealing my ipod charger so my ipod was flat, and my only charging option was the car charger. I need the podcast to do it! I could have got up and walked the dog but I was just so enjoying that it was the first time in weeks I'd had a really good sleep (thanks exercise!). So after work I need to do C25K AND walk the dog. I wish the sun would come back!

I just got an email from a girl I work with who I've been friends with for years, one big long paragraph with no punctuation telling me what an awful person I am, basically. That was the general gist. We had a dumb argument last week and I had pretty much forgotten about it but apparently it's grounds to end a friendship. I'm actually not really fussed, because I'd only been thinking recently that she kind of annoys me and I don't actually like her all that much. But confrontation and frustration... the combination has had me on the brink of tears all afternoon.

Last week I would have gone home and stuffed my face - today I'm just aching to get home and get on the tready. Ah, if I can just keep up this focus!

Oh and I got my period today. I had no idea it was coming which is crazy on its own because for months I've been having really bad PMS, crying for a week straight etc. I had a bit of a teary last week because I got mad at Big W but that was it. Today I was like "Ohhh! That's why I'm so bloated!". I should really keep track of these things...

Oh yeah, my "friend" mentioned in her email that I'm "negative and draining". Now I'm all paranoid that I am and don't realise. I mean I've been pretty down in general for the last year or so but that doesn't mean I act that way all the time, or even around other people at all. Bleh.

Oh, I have a big confession to make but it's a secret... I started smoking again a few months ago.
Yep, after quitting 2 1/2 years ago. Wtf was I thinking? It started off as a real nostalgia thing, cold winter nights and cigarettes, it all got too much for me. I was having maybe 1 or 2 a week, only on one night. Then it built up until I was racing home to have one so I had time to cover it up before the boy got home. Every day. I was choosing that over exercise.

So Sunday was the day I stopped. For good! I haven't had any urges, it was almost like I just needed that little part in my brain to decide it really did want to stop and then the desire just turned off. Still, I feel like such a fucking idiot. Who starts again after that long?! Why would anyone do it?

Come on hometime....

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.