Day 7

Ah, the end of week 1.

Today has been... annoying. That's probably the best way to describe it!

I went out for dinner last night which was good actually. I didn't go overboard with food and the company was better than I expected. I really didn't think I liked Indian food but I had chicken tikka masala and it was freakin' awesome.

I was asleep on my feet by the time I got home, just after midnight (could I be more of a nana?! I'm 25 ffs!). Slept until 10 this morning - I had all these plans for the day with washing and housework before we had to go off to the boy's sister's for arvo tea. Then I find out afternoon tea is at 2pm! These people have strange ideas of meal times, I swear. Anyway, everything got a bit stuffed up. I had breakfast (porridge) at 10, took the dog for a walk, and we had to leave at 1pm to go to the shops on the way. I grabbed a mintabolism bar and a latte and we headed off. I resisted the food, none of which was all that appealing, really.

Then the boy's mum rocked up with her famous choc-mint ripple cake! That stuff is like crack, I swear. Anyway I had a piece of that - in my defence the slices are very very small ;)

The plan was to only stay for 1-2 hours and piss off. But then we found out the overseas sister was going to be there so we had to hang around to see her. And they didn't get there until about 4, so we didn't get out of there until 6. I'd effectively missed two meals by this stage! I ate a few water crackers and 1 tiny bit of camembert because I got hungry but overall I reckon it was a fair effort. Just grabbed some grilled fish on the way home and put some steam fresh vegies in the microwave.

I was meant to do a C25K session today but we got home with dinner at 7pm not to mention an absolute killer headache (which still hasn't gone away mind you). Oh and as soon as I finished dinner I got a nosebleed, I think it was the 3rd or 4th this week *sigh*. I'm cranky and cold and tired and I just want to curl up in my pjs (which I am now wearing!).

The good thing about today was I got myself an iPod shuffle! A little purple 1GB, paid for with $2 from my coin jar :D

This is the iPod I have:

I'm pretty sure this was the first iPod for Mac and PC. No colour screen, 20GB, heavy and fat and just plain BIG. I totally love it though, it's so retro these days. I got it in 2004 for my 21st birthday for an insane price (like $500 or close to it!). I've been lugging that around gyms for 4 years, only using it for cardio and putting it away in the locker for weights because I don't have pockets or anything.

Anyway lately I've realised that the battery is barely getting me through a 30 min cardio session. It is over 4 years old, so I guess that's a pretty good life. Yesterday at the gym it started constantly resetting itself every time I tried to play a song too and I was losing the right channel which could have been the earbuds but I don't think it was. Time to face facts, my trusty beast is dying :(

Don't really have the funds for a proper replacement yet so I had to make do with a shuffle. It's so little and cute and purple! AND when I plugged it in, iTunes came up with a picture of a purple shuffle! IT KNOWS WHAT COLOUR IT IS!

Yes I get excited about such things...

What an experience it will be to clip my music player onto my shirt! I'm very excited. Did I mention it's purple?

Oh and I got it from Dick Smith who had a deal on, I got a special little iPod shuffle speaker for free with it. It looks dodgy as but you plug the shuffle in then close the lid which has a hole in it to access the controls. And it's powered by AAAs or acts as a USB dock too!

Anyway. I just bought some songs that I'm so into right now that I think will be good for workouts and am trying to choose what else from my thousands of songs!

At the moment it's looking like this:

  1. C25K Podcast - Week 1
  2. C25K Podcast - Week 2
  3. Kate Nash - Pumpkin soup
  4. Kanye West feat. Chris Martin - Homecoming
  5. Brassy - 1-0-0
  6. Bliss N Eso - Eye of the storm
  7. Gnarls Barkley - Going on
  8. Custom Kings - Up late
  9. MGMT - Kids
  10. Madonna - Open your heart
  11. Madonna - La isla bonita
  12. Madonna - Papa don't preach
  13. Madonna - Express yourself
  14. Madonna - Get into the groove
  15. Madonna - Material girl (can you tell I bought the Immaculate Collection recently?)
  16. Ladyhawke - Paris is burning (this is the stuff I just bought tonight)
  17. Pnau feat Ladyhawke - Embrace
  18. CSS - Left behind
  19. Wiley - Wearing my rolex
  20. Faker - Sleepwalking
  21. Birds of Tokyo - Broken bones
  22. Birds of Tokyo - Silhouettic
  23. Ladytron - Ghosts
Hmm, I know there's another song I want, I just can't remember it! Need to get my Presets CD going on iTunes too.

Couch time! 5k will have to wait until tomorrow ;)

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.